Times of loneliness, frustration and self-doubt are a normal part of the entrepreneurial journey.
I suspect that nearly every leader has considered giving up at one time or another, and I’m no exception. Making it through those tough days and deciding not to throw in the towel, is the kind of perseverance required to succeed.
And yet, often we notice others that seem to pop out of nowhere with fantastic success. I used to see this all the time in the acting world and it would feel like, while I would struggle day after day through auditions, some newcomer would land a lead role on a TV series.. . just like that!
But its not just like that. We don’t see or know the struggles that person has had to get them where they are today. And, therefore, we can’t discount the value of our own journey.
On those dark days, perhaps all we need is a little bit of a pep talk to get us back into the right frame of mind. Here are motivational words of wisdom from some of the greatest leaders of all time.
Print these out, hang them up and refer to them the next time you need a motivational boost!
20 Inspiring, Leadership Quotes That Will Keep You Motivated
1. “You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” Eleanor Roosevelt
2. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” Warren Bennis11. “It’s only after you’ve stepped outside your comfort zone that you begin to change, grow, and transform.” Roy T. Bennett
3. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” Rosalynn Carte
4. “Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.” Steve Jobs
5. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.” Jim Rohn
6. “Wisdom equals knowledge plus courage. You have to not only know what to do and when to do it, but you have to also be brave enough to follow through.” Jarod Kintz
7. “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” John Quincy Adams
8. “Leadership is lifting a person’s vision to high sights, the raising of a person’s performance to a higher standard, the building of a personality beyond its normal limitations.” Peter Drucker
9. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. “The art of communication is the language of leadership.” James Humes
11. “Leadership is the capacity to translate vision into reality.” Warren Bennis
12. “A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.” Rosalynn Carter
13. “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” Douglas MacArthur
14. “Leadership is the art of getting someone else to do something you want done because he wants to do it.” Dwight D. Eisenhower
15. “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” Ronald Reagan
16. “Become the kind of leader that people would follow voluntarily, even if you had no title or position.” Brian Tracy
17. “The task of leadership is not to put greatness into people, but to elicit it, for the greatness is there already.” John Buchan
18. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
19. “Life is 10 percent what happens to me and 90 percent of how I react to it.” Charles Swindoll
20. “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” Maya Angelou
Like what you read? Share this post!
DO WHAT ONLY YOU CAN DO
Free eBook: 5 steps to achieving more by doing less