CEO Leadership Retreat
Your success as a CEO and entrepreneur is determined by your ability to hire, inspire and lead a team to support your growth.
Now, you need specific expertise — leadership coaching — to scale your business. If you are a CEO and have a team: this private retreat is for you.
If you are at the level of leading a team, you are already leaps and bounds more successful than many entrepreneurs who are struggling to survive themselves. You might have worked with a business coach or mentor to help you plan, set goals and execute. You’ve assembled a team: perhaps a business manager, the right assistant, the number-crunching accountant, and that designer + developer who makes your online space sing. Wonderful!
But now that Really Big Things are happening, you need more – from yourself and from your team. Now it’s not just about execution… it’s about vision, team collaboration and leadership. It’s DOING THINGS ONLY YOU CAN DO, and developing your team with capability to grow your business.
And I have the specific expertise to help you get there.
Join me in beautiful Jackson Hole, WY or Scottsdale, AZ for a powerful day to focus on scaling your leadership and your business.
The 7 Benefits You’ll Experience During Your CEO Leadership Day…
- Dream Team Vision: Craft your roadmap to hiring and retaining the best talent. How will your team look in 3 months, 6 months, 1 year and 2 years?
- Hiring Clarity: Understand who to hire, when, and what capabilities you need to ensure you bring those onboard. Learn killer interviewing tips to make sure you only have “A” players working for you.
- Leverage your Leadership Style: Uncover your natural leadership style and find the people who complement your weaknesses, and your personality. Use this “code” to develop your leadership effectiveness.
- Make Culture Work for You: Define and learn how to bring to life (for real, not aspirationally) the “internal brand” that guides the actions and behaviors of your entire team.
- Infuse Accountability: Learn how to delegate effectively, work through personal conflict, eliminate missed deadlines, and hold your team accountable for results. Create a working environment where people feel challenged yet supported to fully develop.
- Communication + Inspiring Greatness: Drill your aspirations and team vision to a crisp, compelling statement that will inspire the best from your team. If they can’t translate “why” they should give their all to build your business, you will always have trouble with motivation.
- Tools for Leading: You will walk away with specific tools to improve your ability to hire and lead your team, developed over my 20+ years of working with CEOs and their teams.
Meet Susan Drumm
Susan Drumm, J.D., CCPC
Susan Drumm is a CEO Advisor and Leadership Coach with over 20 years of experience leading teams and senior executives to produce multi-million dollar success. She founded two companies to address the unique cultures of both small and large companies: Meritage Leadership focuses on leader and team effectiveness for corporations. SusanDrumm.com, is a resource of leadership tools + programs for entrepreneurs.
Susan’s clients include C-suite executives from media, high-tech, financial services, healthcare, private equity, and consumer products. Representative clients: L’Oreal, CondéNast, Microsoft, Viacom, A&E Networks, Cisco, Merrill Lynch, Symantec, Merck, Staples, MTV Networks and Genentech. Susan uses her leadership skills to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses, and draws on many disciplines in her approach. She graduated from Harvard Law School, holds a B.S. in Management from Carnegie Mellon University and a Master’s degree in Drama from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
Among the most valuable leadership resources Susan Drumm provided me were tools to shape my ability to collaborate with and influence my team. Her keys to strengthening relationships, as well as identify individual work styles, created a far more productive work environment for us. — Georgia Arvanitis, PhD, Senior Partner, MbGa Scientific
Susan helped me look within myself — to delve into places that maybe weren’t the most comfortable — for me to realistically address and measurably improve my leadership. As the CEO of a company growing bigger than I ever envisioned, I know now how I should look and sound to keep my team engaged and accountable. Susan’s strong message was delivered with love. — Jonathan Morton, CEO, Summit Pharmacy
It is rare to find someone that combines the sensitivity, intelligence, and boldness to propel you beyond what you ideally think you are capable of. Susan Drumm does that. Her firm is the adviser you want on your side. Investing a day to accelerate your leadership is the most powerful step you can take to scale your business. — Kaihan Krippendorff, Speaker, Consultant and Author, Outthinker
How your CEO Leadership Day will work
- We start with a Team Strategy Session callAbout two weeks before your Retreat, we’ll have a 50-minute phone call to clarify your specific needs and goals based your team circumstances. This is a chance for me to get to know you, your brand and your unique needs.
- You complete two key diagnostic assessmentsAbout a week before your Retreat, you will complete two critical assessments that will be the “data” for the work we do together. One tool gathers team member feedback, and one is a personal assessment to analyze your specific leadership communication style.
- You arrive in Jackson Hole, WY or Scottsdale, AZ at least a night beforeMy motto is: Sunny & 75! Year round! That’s why I’ve selected two gorgeous locations to live in. I’m in Jackson Hole, WY from June through October (with a few trips back in the winter for skiing). Then I move to Scottsdale, AZ from November to May. Depending on when you want to do the retreat, we will plan your day in either location. I will suggest hotels in a variety of price ranges. You should plan to stay at least 2 nights. Of course I highly recommend you stay longer and experience all that these beautiful locations have to offer. I can also suggest an extended itinerary should you choose to stay longer so you don’t miss anything, and make the best recommendations for places to eat and drink!
Awe-inspiring landscapes, untamed wildlife, natural beauty preserved for millennia and limitless adventures are just a few of the things you’ll experience on a trip to Jackson Hole, a place that is Forever West. Here you can make memories that last a lifetime while enjoying the finest nature has to offer with the Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone at your back door. Enjoy endless national parks, hiking, wildlife, road and mountain biking, fishing, hot springs, rock climbing, off-roading, world-class dining, mind-blowing sunsets and unlimited cultural experiences. There is so much to enjoy in one of America’s prestigious, year-round playground that will make your visit absolutely unforgettable.
The majestic, Sonoran desert is beckoning… rejuvenate your spirit with a visit to Scottsdale, AZ. Enjoy breathtaking mountain views, balmy temperatures and endless sunshine along with fine dining and unique outdoor shopping to enhance your time in the desert. Scottsdale offers the chance to energize, enrich and renew your body by taking an open-air treatment at one of the many 5-star resort day spas. If golf is your passion, choose from over 200 world-class golf courses that will challenge your game and enliven your senses. Magic happens when you spend as much time outside as possible, so cap off your trip with a hike on some of the most beautiful mountains in the west such as Camelback, Piestewa Peak, Pinnacle Peak and the McDowells.
- We’ll start around 9:00 am with a trail walkI’m a huge believer in the benefits of combining movement with thinking – some of the best ideas have come from my “walk/talks” with clients. We will meet at a nearby trail for a brisk walk, but slow enough for us to talk easily and start our day focusing on your Dream Team vision. Then, typically, we return to my gracious home where the first half of the day is spent reviewing the “data” from your assessments, generating insights about how you need to lead going forward, and determining who you need to have on your team going forward.
- Lunch alfrescoSunny & 75 means, where I live, you can eat outside year-round. We’ll take a break and you will choose where we eat from a list of nearby restaurants, but of course the conversation will continue because of the excitement about the dream team you are building.
- The second half of the day: Your Leadership StrategyAfter we’ve had a beautiful lunch and fresh air, we go back to work. The second half of the day is typically when we now drill down to the details of your Dream Team. This usually includes:
- Hiring Plan: who, what, where, when and how to bring on your “A” players
- Culture: defining and championing a culture that supports your mission. How to actively address and transform negative cultural dynamics (yes, this will happen but you can change it) as they sprout up when you scale the business.
- Accountability + Delegation: sharing tools that help you delegate more effectively, so you can get the most out of your team without “hand-holding” or “micro- managing.”
- Communicating Vision + Inspiring Greatness: my acting training comes in handy here! You’ll practice how you will communicate your vision in a way that infuses your team with enthusiasm + empowerment to take more initiative.
- Strategy: Specific goals and projects broken down for the next four quarters – for both your own leadership development and the development of your team.
- Tools for Teams: You will walk away with a ton of tools that I have developed over my years of working with corporate executives to help leaders manage their teams. I’ve got everything from development plans, interview guides, scorecards, performance reviews and more, depending on what you need.
I work that day as long as you need. Typically, my clients like to wrap up by 6:00pm so they can go get a spa treatment to let everything we covered in the day soak in.
- Follow Up
A week or two after our Retreat, we will touch base by phone to go over any questions and fine-tune your strategic plan. Depending on the package selected below, we will also schedule follow up coaching to make sure you are using your new tools, feeling on track and staying aligned.
Are You A Good Fit for CEO Leadership Retreat?
A CEO Leadership Day isn’t for everyone. You have to be leading a team for this to be right for you plus you must meet a few other requirements…
- You need to have at least 4 years of business experience under your belt. (As an entrepreneur or in corporate).
- You need to have a team, preferably working with at least 3+ people (a team doesn’t have to consist only of full time employees. If you work closely with contractors on a regular basis, and feel you manage them as part of your team, you have a team).
- You are already successful with your business, and now you want to scale. This retreat is for those who have already worked out their business model. Now it’s about scaling that model to generate even more success.
- You’re ready and committed to lead instead of trying to do everything yourself.
To be considered for a CEO retreat, you are required to complete a short application. I’ll review the application to make sure it’s a good fit for you now.
Once approved, you can pay in full or in 2 payments. All payments must be made in advance of our retreat.
|Program Components||GOLD: CEO Leadership
|PLATINUM: CEO Leadership Retreat with follow up|
|Team Strategy 1:1 call prior to retreat|
|Leadership & communication style assessment, report and debrief|
|Day long facilitation to achieve clarity on your team vision, and communication plan to inspire action|
|A personal development plan to leverage your Leadership Style and find the people who complement your weaknesses, and your personality|
|Hiring Plan: who, what & when|
|Tools to delegate and hold your team accountable|
|Clarity on culture and an action plan to infuse this “internal brand” within your team.|
|Follow up CEO Coaching for 2 months, two 60 min sessions per month|
|Personal Board of Directors: Coaching to understand benefits of leveraging a board to guide your business, identify who can provide guidance, and collaborate effectively with this invaluable resource|
If you are serious about scaling your business, you must develop your leadership skills to take you there. By implementing the strategy we’ll create together, you’ll free up your time to DO ONLY THE THINGS YOU CAN DO, and double, triple, then quadruple what you are generating now.
If you’re ready to scale to the next level, improving your life and income, apply here…