High Performance Team Retreat
Is your team filled with rockstar “A” players that fuel your business?
Does it feel like business is getting easier and easier because you have the team to support you?
Is your team surprising you with ideas and taking you further and faster than you imagined?
I want to see you experience all of this and more.
Or is it more like:
“Projects are dropping through the cracks, and we’re missing deadlines” …
“I eventually get what I need, but feels like pulling teeth to get there” …
“I wish I saw more initiative from my team. They wait for me to give orders” …
These are all statements from actual clients. And they’ve led me to make an unusual offer. A retreat just for you and your team at my home. Come here and leave with the high performance dream team that can and will take you to new heights…
Building a smart, supportive, high performance team is the single step that separates good from great. It’s what separates a successful business from a wildly successful one.
When your business was just you, your drive, creativity, and execution were the keys to your success. Now, your business & your team is growing, and things are getting exponentially more complicated. One of my new clients recently described leading a team of five as “a personal nightmare.” “I don’t want five people emailing me every day! I’ve become the hub of a complex wheel. Help!”
It’s not just about execution… it’s about bringing visionary leadership to collaborate effectively. It’s about DOING THINGS ONLY YOU CAN DO, while developing your team with capability to grow your business.
If this sounds familiar, then you are in the right place.
When your team is firing on all cylinders, what makes them effective? Of course, having the right talent matters, but as any football draft watcher knows, playing as a team is more important than individual strengths.
True team players complement each other’s strengths and cover for each other’s weaknesses. They create a unity that helps them reach goals and deliver revenue far above what they could achieve on their own.
If you’re looking to transform your staff into a high performance team: this retreat is for you.
And I have the specific expertise to help you get there.
I’m a CEO Advisor and Leadership Coach with over 20 years of experience leading teams and partnerships to collaborate more effectively and produce multi-million dollar success.
How You Can Have the Dream Team You Need (and Maximize Your Success)
Join me in beautiful Jackson Hole, Wyoming or Scottsdale, AZ to bring your team together for a powerful day-and-a-half — to become a high performance team that delivers 10x results.
8 Benefits You’ll Experience on Your Retreat
- Do’s and Don’ts of High Performance Teaming: You and your team will understand best practices and a model of high performance teaming, including factors that optimize productivity and factors that promote positivity. Both dimensions are required to sustain high team performance.
- Assessment on Your Team Performance: Using our Team Diagnostic tool, you will have a data-driven measurement of your team’s performance across 7 productivity competencies and 7 positivity competencies. You and your team will become clear on strengths and areas for development and how to collaborate more effectively.
- Realign on a Team Vision: When you grew your business by adding staff, you probably “didn’t know what you didn’t know.” Now that you have more information about each other’s strengths and your business opportunities, you will realign on a more powerful vision for how you want to collaborate going forward.
- Communicate More Effectively: Bottom line – you will know how to communicate more effectively with each other so that your efficiency skyrockets.
- Know + Avoid Team Toxins: Based on years of research, there are 4 deadly “sins” that will damage, and over time destroy, your team’s effectiveness. Learn how to spot them, avoid them, and shift out of them if they do pop up.
- Make New Team Agreements: With greater understanding of how to communicate more effectively and how to overcome conflict, you will make a clear set of agreements for how you want to work together going forward. This is not about legal agreements but relationship agreements.
- Tools for Collaboration: You will walk away with specific tools to improve collaboration, developed over my 20+ years of working with teams and partnerships.
- Improvement in Your Team Performance: On average we see a 20% improvement in productivity and positivity conditions within 6 months
Meet Susan Drumm
Susan Drumm, J.D., CCPC
Susan Drumm is a CEO Advisor and Leadership Coach with over 20 years of experience leading teams and senior executives to produce multi-million dollar success. She founded two companies to address the unique cultures of both small and large companies: Meritage Leadership focuses on leader and team effectiveness for corporations. SusanDrumm.com, is a resource of leadership tools + programs for entrepreneurs.
Susan’s clients include C-suite executives from media, high-tech, financial services, healthcare, private equity, and consumer products. Representative clients: L’Oreal, CondéNast, Microsoft, Viacom, A&E Networks, Cisco, Merrill Lynch, Symantec, Merck, Staples, MTV Networks and Genentech. Susan uses her leadership skills to help entrepreneurs grow their businesses, and draws on many disciplines in her approach. She graduated from Harvard Law School, holds a B.S. in Management from Carnegie Mellon University and a Master’s degree in Drama from the London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art.
As a CEO, I felt an incredible burden on my shoulders to “carry” my team and I took on way too much. I was walking away from most meetings with a longer list of action items and projects than most of my team. I didn’t realize my job was leadership, vision and strategic relationships.
Susan’s offsite was transformational. I knew for the first time my team believed in me — and through that I found my way to empower and encourage while creating structure and a culture of execution and accountability. We became exceedingly more efficient and effective, our performance went through the roof and profitability skyrocketed. I believe any organization would realize tremendous results through Susan’s work. — Matt Hudson, CEO, Colorado Home Realty
Our team was just establishing our roles and responsibilities in the beginning of a major change management project. We had a lot of work to do and clients who weren’t yet confident in our abilities early in the process. Susan led a one day session for us that allowed us to approach our challenges, roles and our clients with the right mindset! She trained us in dealing with confronting conversations, and as a result we were able to improve our communications both within the team and as well with some of our key customers. She made a lasting impact on our team, resulting in better communication tools and trust across the team which allowed us to focus on delivering outstanding results. — Sumita Banerjee, SVP, Talent Acquisition, L’Oreal
Susan helped us to create strategies for staying focused amidst ever-shifting priorities and challenges. With her help I was able to get a different perspective on my responsibilities, my team and our goals. She really helped me get my leadership and my team to a new level! — Nick Rockwell, SVP of Digital Media, Conde Nast
HOW YOUR HIGH PERFORMANCE TEAM RETREAT WORKS
- We start with a 1:1 phone call with youAbout two weeks before your Retreat, we’ll have a 50-minute phone call with you to understand your team successes, struggles and goals for the retreat. This is a chance for me to get to know you, your brand and your unique needs.
- You + your team complete the Team Diagnostic assessmentAbout a week before your Retreat, you will complete a critical diagnostic assessment that will be the “data” that we use to inform the work we do together. This online assessment takes about 20 minutes to complete, and will gather feedback from your team on 7 separate productivity factors and 7 positivity competencies.
- You arrive in Jackson Hole or Scottsdale at least a night beforeIt’s critically important for the success of your retreat to “get away” to a new location as a reset to start fresh. And why not come to a place that offers you much more. My motto is: Sunny & 75! Year round! That’s why I’ve selected two gorgeous locations to live in. I’m in Jackson, WY from June through October (with a few trips back in the winter for skiing). Then I move to Scottsdale, AZ from November to May. Depending on when you want to do the retreat, we will plan your day-and-a-half in either location. I will suggest hotels in a variety of price ranges. You should plan to stay at least 2 nights. Of course I highly recommend you stay longer and experience all that these beautiful locations have to offer. I can also suggest an extended itinerary should you choose to stay longer so you don’t miss anything, including the best recommendations for places to eat and drink!
Awe-inspiring landscapes, untamed wildlife, natural beauty preserved for millennia and limitless adventures are just a few of the things you’ll experience on a trip to Jackson Hole, a place that is Forever West. Here you can make memories that last a lifetime while enjoying the finest nature has to offer with the Grand Teton National Park and Yellowstone at your back door. Enjoy endless national parks, hiking, wildlife, road and mountain biking, fishing, hot springs, rock climbing, off-roading, world-class dining, mind-blowing sunsets and unlimited cultural experiences. There is so much to enjoy in one of America’s prestigious, year-round playground that will make your visit absolutely unforgettable.
The majestic, Sonoran desert is beckoning… rejuvenate your spirit with a visit to Scottsdale, AZ. Enjoy breathtaking mountain views, balmy temperatures and endless sunshine along with fine dining and unique outdoor shopping to enhance your time in the desert. Scottsdale offers the chance to energize, enrich and renew your body by taking an open-air treatment at one of the many 5-star resort day spas. If golf is your passion, choose from over 200 world-class golf courses that will challenge your game and enliven your senses. Magic happens when you spend as much time outside as possible, so cap off your trip with a hike on some of the most beautiful mountains in the west such as Camelback, Piestewa Peak, Pinnacle Peak and the McDowells.
- Day 1: We’ll start at 9:00 am with sharing best practices of High Performance Teaming. We will start at my gracious home where the first part of the day is spent understanding what high performance teams DO and DON’T do to achieve results. Then we will review your assessment results for your performance as a team, including factors that optimize productivity and factors that promote positivity. You and your team will begin to see how to capitalize on your strengths and areas that you can improve with your collaboration.
- Lunch alfrescoSunny & 75 means, where I live, you can eat outside year-round. You will choose where we eat from list of delicious, nearby restaurants. Over lunch, we will continue the conversation by talking about team vision, honing in on what would make your team the “best team” anyone has ever been on
- Identify and Create an Action Plan to Improve 2 Key Team CompetenciesAfter we’ve had a beautiful lunch and fresh air, we’ll go back to work to finish debriefing the assessment report, and create a plan for how you will shift into a high performance team. You will choose 2 team competencies that you + your team want to focus on improving to become creative, adaptable and resilient. With my input and suggestions, you will then discuss specific steps you can take to develop those competencies, and create an action plan for the team to make it a reality.
- Team Dinner on your ownWhile I’m busily preparing for the next day, you and your team will cap off the day with a fun dinner at a nearby restaurant for even more team bonding. I’ll help you choose the perfect location, and arrange transportation.
- Day 2, 9:00 am: New Agreements + Avoiding Team ToxinsWe will meet again on day 2 for one of the most important conversations we will have during the retreat: ensuring that the new energy and excitement over becoming a high performance team will be sustainable. You will learn about the 4 team toxins that can destroy team performance, and ways to interrupt a negative cycle of conflict if it shows up. This is also when you begin to make specific requests and team agreements based on the vision and assessment “data” we have reviewed in-depth. You will walk away with a “team agreement” (not a legal agreement) for how you will interact with each other going forward to achieve your business goals.
We will wrap up by noon so you can either catch a flight home, or preferably stay in town to enjoy a hike or spa treatment to let everything we covered in the day soak in. If you want to do a group activity (cooking class, painting class, Segway tour, etc.), I can also provide suggestions and contacts.
- Follow Up
A week or two after our Retreat, we will touch base by phone with you to check in on your team and go over any questions. Depending on the package selected below, we will also schedule follow-up coaching to make sure you are using your new tools, feeling on track and staying aligned. We can also make plans at that time to reassess your performance in six months to monitor your progress.
Are You A Good Fit for the High Performance Team Retreat?
The High Performance Team Retreat isn’t for everyone. You have to value and recognize that great collaboration breeds great performance, and meet a few other requirements…
- You’ve been successful with your business, and you have had your business for at least a year.
- You need to have a team, preferably working with at least 3+ people (a team doesn’t have to consist only of full time employees. If you work closely with contractors on a regular basis, and feel you manage them as part of your team, you have a team).
- You recognize that your team is a “dynamic system” and team members will change from time to time. However, once you embed a high performance way of working, it will become the culture that all future employees adapt to. You don’t need to wait until your team is “complete” to do the retreat, because it never will be.
To be considered for a High Performance Team Retreat, you are required to complete a short application. I’ll review the application to make sure it’s a good fit.
Once approved, you can pay in full or in 2 payments. All payments must be made in advance of our Retreat.
|Program Components||GOLD: High Performance Team Retreat only||PLATINUM: High Performance Team Retreat with follow up|
|Private 1:1 call prior to retreat|
|High Performance Team Model – best practice Dos and Don’ts|
|15+ page Team Diagnostic Assessment, including measurement of 7 productivity competencies and 7 positivity competencies, and 3 open ended questions of your choosing.|
|Day-and-a-half long facilitation to achieve clarity on a team vision, action plans to improve 2 team competencies, and new agreements for team collaboration|
|Tools to communicate + collaborate more effectively|
|Team Toxins and how to avoid them|
|Follow up Team Coaching for 2 months, two 50 min sessions per month|
Your travel and hotel stay is separate and is your responsibility.
If you’re ready to reset your partnership, collaborate in a whole new way, improve your life and income, apply here…